Please click on the questions below to see an answer.
- Mission Statement: A student-led non-profit that inspires, engages, and strengthens the community through innovative leadership and service.
- Vision: To transform Josephine County into a vibrant community in which every individual has the opportunity to be healthy, educated, and prosperous.
Short term: Teach students about community service and philanthropy while creating a vibrant and healthy community with a higher standard of living.
- Make Josephine County the top county in the state economically, socially, and communally.
- To make a difference in student lives by:
- Creating a new generation of life long philanthropists and business leaders
- Exposing students to job opportunities
- Increasing job rates
- Providing a solid foundation of service and philanthropy
Exporting JCF to other counties
A nonprofit foundation is a business that receives tax deductible donations from individuals and businesses or grants from other non-profit foundations for the purpose of supporting charitable work either through performing the function themselves or providing grants to other non-profits which performs the charitable work. Nonprofit organizations usually provide services not performed by for-profit businesses or governmental agencies.
The students of JCF serve as the vital Officer team and lead in the creation and implementation processes of JCF projects to help better the community while honing and developing the students’ work ethic and leadership skills.
- How nonprofit businesses work and impact their community
- Leadership and vocational skills
- How they can benefit their community
- Project management skills
- Fundraising and grant writing
- Students develop projects based on the needs they see in the Josephine County
- In the past we have held a community convening to obtain input and ideas from active community members and business professionals with a passion for serving our community. By holding this event bi-annually we keep the community active in the idea process of JCF projects and events.
- Community members approach us with project ideas that we can set into motion
In 2011, JCF was founded by high school students Jacob Pendleton and Cedar Wilkening along with business professionals Frank Ault, Dale Fisher, Joan Jones, and Chris Pendleton.